Apple cinnamon pull apart bread. This fall inspired loaf made with fresh apples, cinnamon and homemade dough makes serving bread so fun.
Have you ever tried a food that was so extreme that you wondered why you hadn’t ever tried it before? That’s how I feel about pull apart breads. I just started making them within the last year and know I’m obsessed! They’re brilliant. Enjoyable to eat. And fun to make.
One of my most popular recipes to date is the Pull Apart Garlic Bread. And for good reason. Who can resist garlic bread? And who can resist it when it looks this fun?
Also in the summer I added the Pull Apart Caprese Bread. Which is also equally enjoyable for all the tomato fans out there! I’m not picking favorites at the is point so you’ll have to choose for yourself.
I know this certainly isn’t the first time you’ve seen cinnamon pull apart bread but I decided to make this one ideal for fall and add the beautiful appeal of apples. I’ve been getting my fair share of pumpkin treats lately but now I’m dipping my toes into the apple world. Yay! I’m exciting even if you’re not. 🙂
Til we meet and eat again,
- ¼ cup water, warm (about 110 degrees)
- ¾ cup milk (whole or 2%) warm (about 110 degrees)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter,softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
- In a small bowl or measuring cup add yeast to water and milk. Let sit for about 5 minutes until frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl combine yeast/milk mixture with butter,egg and sugar. Gradually add in flour and salt. Beginning kneading with dough hook. After a few minutes if dough looks too wet add extra flour 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a nice smooth dough. Dough should slap sides of bowl and stick to the bottom. Add water a tablespoon at a time if dough feels too dry. Knead for a total of 6-7 minutes. Place in a greased bowl. Let rise for about 1 hour or until doubled.
- Press dough down. On a floured surface roll dough into a 20 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Pour melted butter evenly over dough. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Arrange apple pieces over surface. Press dough gently but firmly with rolling pin or palm of your hand.
- Cut into 5 (4-inch strips), then cut crosswise 6 times, making 30 (4x2-inch) rectangles.
- Make 5 stacks of dough with 6 rectangles in each stack. Layer stacks in loaf pan with sugared sides facing each other. For end pieces make sure sugared sides are facing in and not outside of pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Let rest for 20-30 minutes before baking (will rise much higher in oven) or bake immediately. (I've done both.)
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool for about 1 hour.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.