Baked Sweet Potato Chips – Crisp and delicious, these salty chips make the perfect healthy snack. Made with just 4 simple ingredients.
The Whole 30: Have you heard of it? It’s everywhere online. Just type in those words and you’ll get gazillions of articles, links and recipes all about this ‘diet’. Why am I talking about it here? Because I’m attempting to make it happen.
So over the next few weeks you’ll still see some of my typical breads, desserts and such that I normally share. But you’ll also see some foods I’ve been eating while on the Whole 30 plan. I hope you’ll stick around. It will be a fun journey.
I’ve always been a sweet potato fan. There are a few here on the blog. I have a fabulous sweet potato pie. That is beyond amazing! And I also have maple whipped sweet potatoes that are yummy. They’re a perfect side for almost any meal!
I adore homemade potato chips. I’ve pretty much given up the storebought kind. My husband hasn’t and since I refuse to buy them…it’s the one thing he’ll occassionally go to the store for. I’m OK with that and I typically don’t lust after them. But every now and then I just want to grab a small handful.
But the homemade variety just take me to a happy place. I love how healthy they are. And they really are super simple! It take awhile to bake them but if you have access to a food processor these babies a cinch to cut.
And because these are so good and acceptable on Whole 30 I’m bound to bring you regular potato chips sooner or later. Because they’re amazing too!
I’ve combined these with a quick tasty dip made with homemade mayonnaise, a bit of lemon juice and dill. Go to my friend Natalie’s page if you want to make mayo she just posted the super easy recipe for making it yourself.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3½ Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + more for brushing
- pepper (if desired)
- ¼ cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dill weed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scrub sweet potatoes and thinly slice. (The best methods are either a food processor with slicing blade or a mandoline.)
- In a medium sized bowl combine olive oil and sweet potatoes. Stir to combine and coat evenly.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Very lightly brush olive oil on parchment.
- Arrange sweet potato slices evenly on baking sheets. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper (if desired). Bake 20 minutes. Flip sweet potatoes and rotate pans. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Remove and cool on paper towels. Repeat with any remaining sweet potato slices.
- Store in an airtight container. Will last several weeks.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon, and dip. Whisk together. Serve with potato chips. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.