Banana Bread with Chocolate Glaze – Delicious moist banana bread topped with a chocolate glaze. This quick bread is spiced with a hint of cinnamon. Perfect for breakfast or dessert.
Bread is a huge component of my life. As is evident in this blog. But did you know my obsession with banana and chocolate? It’s very real and it’s here to stay. I have so many banana + chocolate recipes on the blog. But don’t expect them to end any time soon.
I know to some it may not be a fabulous combo but I’m proud of my favorite flavors. Some of my other favorite flavor combos are:
Chocolate and coconut. Don’t get me started on chocolate and coconut.
Chocolate and zucchini. There has to be more ways to keep this one combo going. Don’t worry it will be a goal this summer. I’ll make it a point.
This recipe obviously is more than just a tpical banana bread. It’s loaded with chocolate chips and topped with a delicious yet simple chocolate glaze. It can be made healthier with whole wheat flour which is how I typically make banana bread. Feel free to leave out the chocolate chips or the glaze if you’re not into chocolate as much as this girl. *wink*
So you tell me! What are some of your favorite flavor combos? I don’t want to be the only weirdo out there!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups flour (all purpose or white whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed banana, about 3 small or 2 medium
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease muffin tins or line with cupcake liners.
- Mix together butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in mashed banana and sour cream until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
- Stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, greased or paper liners. Fill almost to the top. This will make for nice rounded tops. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-70 minutes at 350°F or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.