Berry Cream Cobbler- Lighter, healthy, low-fat cobbler recipe made easy with Greek yogurt, white whole wheat flour, less sugar. Mixed berries, blueberry, strawberry, raspberry. You won’t miss the old fashioned version.
To enable screen reader support, press shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Z. To learn about keyboard shortcuts, press shortcut Ctrl+slash.
Unbelievable. I didn’t miss a thing.
Recently I came across this recipe for cobbler and I couldn’t resist the strawberries in the photo so I had to try it. But I knew immediately that I should reduce the sugar and try to make it healthier. And I was shocked at how delicious the lower fat less sugar version was. I’m so glad I made it this way. I surely didn’t miss any of those calories.
So here’s my version of this goodness. I think you’ll love it just as much as we did.
Let’s dive right into this delicious yet healthier version of cobbler.
It’s made lighter with less sugar, Greek yogurt. And made healthier with whole wheat flour.
This recipe was scrumptious and I’ll be sure to add it to our regular round up of ways to enjoy berries this summer.
I love berry recipes now so much more than when I was younger. The younger version of me went for the chocolate EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. But I’d like to think I’ve matured a bit and my dessert selection proves it. I love berry recipes. I’m a huge fan of berries with angel food cake like this amazing trifle. And there’s nothing like homemade strawberry shortcake. Also, I’m enjoying cobblers, crisps and more in the past few years.
You’ll enjoy this recipe because:
- It is perfect for last minute guest because it’s ready in about 45 minutes. Plus you don’t have to wait to cool. It’s great warm out of the oven.
- Lighter with less sugar, white whole wheat flour, and Greek yogurt.
- There’s berries and cream. Who can resist?!
- It’s very easy to make. Definitely a great recipe for beginning bakers.
Let me know if you bake it. Tag #gatherforbread on Instagram for a chance to be featured.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk ( I used 2%)
- ½ cup organic all-purpose flour
- ½ cup organic white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- ¼ - ½ cup organic sugar (use the amount according to the sweetness you like)
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt ( I used plain)
- Preheat oven to 400. Pour melted butter into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch dish. Spread evenly over the bottom.
- In a small bowl stir together milk, flour baking powder,
saltand vanilla. Pour into the dish. Arrange mixed berries over mixture. Using a tablespoon dollop Greek yogurt over the top. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Sugar will crystalize and be golden brown.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.