Black Bottom Cream Cheese Cupcakes – Best Easy recipe for dark chocolate cupcakes filled with a cream cheese chocolate chip filling. These cakes are moist, decadent and delicious!
Today I have mixed feelings about sharing these cupcakes with you. They’re definitely delish but I’m almost sad. Here it is mid-July and I’m sharing something not so summery. I mean where’s my zucchini and berry recipes?
Oh yeah. I’ve been bringing them to you for weeks. So I really don’t need to be sad. I can be proud of these super cupcakes that my daughter, Brooklynne, made to share with all of you.
That’s right! Made with love by my 12 year old. Doesn’t she do great work? I think I’ll hire her. 😉
She’s a girl after my own heart. I just read a quote recently on Facebook about daughters and I thought it was so cute but now I can’t find it. So I decided I’d make one for me and to share with all of you. So if you have a daughter, share it. It’s beautiful.
I’m thankful for mine. We’re at the phase of life that we can enjoy things together. We like to bake, shop, color and watch Gilmore Girls together. Built-in friend. Thank you God.
Back to the cupcakes. Brooklynne made us these decadent chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling also know as Black Bottom Cupcakes. They sure taste amazing! I’ve been loving the contrast of colors and flavor in these. Perfect for chocolate cravings and perfect for my hubby who loves anything baked with cream cheese.
The whole family enjoyed these Black Bottom Cream Cheese Cupcakes and we think you will too. Let us know if you try them!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons plus ¾ cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1⅓ cups water
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line 2 standard cup cake pans with cupcake liners.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl on medium speed until smooth, about 30 seconds. Beat in the egg whites and sour cream until combined, about 1 minute. Stir in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula; set aside.
- Whisk remaining sugar, remaining salt, flour, cocoa, and baking soda in large bowl. Make well in the center, add remaining sour cream, water, butter, and vanilla and whisk until just combined. Divide batter evenly among 24 cupcake liners and top each batter with 1 rounded tablespoon cream cheese mixture. Bake until tops of cupcakes just begin to crack, 23 to 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes in tins for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. (Cupcakes can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 2 days.)
adapted by Cook’s Illustrated
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.