Blueberry Buttermilk Sherbert – Delicious creamy low fat sherbert made with fresh blueberries, buttermilk a hint of vanilla and topped with fresh mint for garnish. Perfect summer dessert to cool down.
This sherbert is creamy and smooth. It’s simple and fresh. It only takes minutes to make and you pop in the freezer until it’s nice and frozen. Made with buttermilk, it makes this ultra creamy berry goodness.
My sweet 11 year has been a super help around the kitchen. She is turning into a mini me. She loves to bake and cook and offers to help me a lot. And now that she’s home all day during the summer it makes it so nice because there’s nothing competing for her attention.
I sprained my ankle last week. It’s beginning to heal but she was so amazing and offered to help style these photos and prepare the shoot. She’s such a blessing and help. I think I want to keep her here year round.
Give this low fat fresh and creamy dessert a try. I’m sure you’ll be glad you did!
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh mint sprig for garnish
- Process first 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture into a 9 inch square pan. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Break mixture into chunks using a fork. Process frozen mixture, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Cover and freeze another 4 hours or until frozen. Spoon into dessert bowls or dishes. Garnish with mint.
Recipe from Southern Living Homestyle Cookbook
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.