Blueberry Lemonade – Refreshing blend using fresh blueberries, real lemons and sugar. This easy homemade recipe is the perfect summer drink to cool you down.
I just have to let you know up front that I suddenly have an obsession with cold berry drinks. So if you’re with me…look out. It should be an awesome summer. I can’t get enough of lemonades and spritzers and sweet tea!
Life is too short. Life is too sweet. We have to enjoy the refreshing taste of summer. I long for fresh summer fruits all year round. So when they are here I take full and complete advantage of them!
What about you? What is it in your life that you reflect on and say ‘you know life is too short. Life is too sweet. I’m going to take more time to……I’m going to enjoy more of….’
I think of:
- walks by the river.
- long conversations watching the sunset
- more trips to the park
- hand in hand moments
- face to face time
- ice cream cones
- catching fire flies
- late night drinks on the deck
Reflection is sweet. Don’t waste it. Hold on to those things that matter and throw all else to the wind. It’s worth it my friends.
Trust me! I’m still a work in progress too. Sometimes I have to purposely hit the pause button and go shoot hoops with my son. Or read one more story. Or go to lunch with my daughter.
Here’s to hoping your summer is refreshing and beautiful!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 4 cups sparkling water (or regular tap water)
- In a small saucepan combine blueberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until berries begin to break down. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir and cook until stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain blueberries. Press berries to make sure to get all the liquid. Refrigerate until chilled. Meanwhile make sure that remaining lemon juice is chilled too. Pour into a 2 qt pitcher; add the lemon juice and water. Serve over ice in glasses. Add additional blueberries or lemon slices for garnish if desired.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.