Chicken Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Shells – Cheesy Jumbo Pasta Shells stuffed with goat and feta cheeses, shredded chicken and bacon. Topped with delicious Ragu sauce for delicious twist on an original classic pasta dish.
Ragu has been our favorite pasta sauce since we married at the early age of 19. Yes, 19 years young, barely knowing how to cook a thing. And that’s when Ragu was my favorite friend.
At one point early on in our marriage my husband invited a friend over for dinner. I choose to make lasagna. Do you know what the key ingredient was? That’s right the sauce. Lots and lots of sauce. I totally impressed my hubby and his friend. Score for the new wife!
We still love Ragu pasta sauce. There are so many great varieties of sauce to choose from. You can find all the delicious choices at ragu.com. For this particular recipe I went with the traditional. Why? Because it’s my husband’s tried and true favorite.
Seriously, here’s a true story. One time he raved about Ragu so much that a friend bought it for him for Christmas. Now that’s love!
Right now Ragu is running a contest, Ready. Set. Cook! So head on over and enter with your greatest creation. Create a new unique recipe and you can enter on Food.com/Ragu page beginning on 11/2/2015.
Did I mention the grand prize is $3,000? Do you know what you or I could do with that kind of cash. Hello, Christmas gifts! Be sure to check out Ragu.com for lots of delicious recipes.
The best part about this meal was that we got to eat it together. All of 5 of us around the table makes for the best moments of our day. We love to share our best and worst and what we are looking forward to tomorrow. I’m so thankful for family time and dinner is a surefire way to bring us together. Thanks Ragu!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces garlic and herb goat cheese (or plain)
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 slices bacon (or turkey bacon), cooked crisp and chopped
- 1 45 oz jar Ragu traditional pasta sauce
- Cook jumbo pasta shells in boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine feta cheese, goat cheese, egg and Italian seasoning. Stir in chicken and bacon. Layer a 9 inch square baking dish with ¾ cup Ragu pasta sauce.
- Scoop 1½ -2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pasta shell. Top with a bit of crumbled bacon. Place in baking dish. Top with remaining pasta sauce.
- Cover and bake until hot and bubbly, 25 - 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 -10 more minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragu. The opinions and text are all mine.