This chili is quick and delicious. It’s easy to whip up and serve on an evening that you don’t have much time. Especially if you already have cooked chicken on hand. In that case you can have the dinner on the table in as little as 25 minutes.
I was impressed with this chili. It cooked up nicely. Everyone enjoyed it. It was filling and easy to prepare. I’ll definitely be preparing on a regular basis. Some nights I need quick meals. I’m sure you do too.
Those nights when dinner rolled around much quicker than you expected and you have no idea how that happened. It happens to me much more often that I’d like to admit.
Now, I have another recipe to add to the ‘quick to the table’ folder. I like that. 🙂
Today my writing is short and simple. Because I’m short on time and it’s just that simple.
Have a blessed day!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 15 oz cans white beans (great northern or navy) drained
- 1 16 oz ban frozen corn kernels
- 8 oz Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat and saute onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, spices, and chilies. Stir in garlic, spices and saute for another minute.
- Add diced chicken and broth, beans, corn and half the cheese, and simmer 15 minutes. Add salt to taste and serve with remaining cheese for sprinkling.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.