Coconut Chocolate Chunk Scones – Delicious scones made with coconut oil studded with chocolate chunks and flaky coconut. Perfect to serve for breakfast. Baked to perfection in 15 minutes.
I have this little um, obsession with coconut. The coconut flakes, coconut oil, coconut lotion, coconut body butter. I love the taste. I love the smell.
It somehow magically transforms me to a beautiful beach with crashing waves, white sand and gentle breezes. I could really envision these after a day like today. Which felt like a frantic rush from beginning to end.
Have you ever had days like that? I’m sure you have. The days where you don’t have time to text people back or sign test papers or read a chapter in your current book.
*Sigh* I wish I was reading a book on the beach right now. But I need to snap back to reality and give it my best. But first I’ll start with a tall coffee and a coconut chocolate scone please!
These scones combine two of my favorite flavors that I can now enjoy in one delicious breakfast. As a matter of fact, the whole family had great reviews for these scones. Even my kids loved them and were arguing over who should get the last one.
Surprisingly these whip up very quickly and they make a great breakfast or dessert. If you don’t have a chance to eat them warm out of the oven just zap them in the microwave for a few seconds and the chocolate literally melts in your mouth. You’ll thank me. I just know it!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup milk (I recommend 2%)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- 2½ oz German sweet chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir to blend ingredients. Add solid coconut oil. Cut in using a fork or pastry cutter until crumbly in texture. Use fingers to smoosh ingredients together if necessary to combine.
- Add milk and sugar. Stir thoroughly. If dough feels too sticky just add a tablespoon of flour.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chunks.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Shape into a 7 or 8 inch circle. Cut into 8 equal portions. Place on a greased or parchment lined pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and/or recommend.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.