Cookie Dough Pretzel Brownies – Delicious layers of brownie and cookie dough topped with crunchy pretzels and chocolate drizzle. A combination that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Salty or sweet. Salty and sweet. Don’t you love that that dilemma? Hmm….which one should I start with? Which one should I end with? Which taste do I want lingering on my tongue?
Now you no longer have to choose! In these irresistible brownies you can have both with each bite. It’s my hero brownie.
I have this huge crush on brownies. It started a long time ago and it’s one of life’s indulgences that never gets old. And if by chance you do get bored of it…you need to switch things up a bit. Add some pizzazz. And some drizzle. Add some chunks. Add some fresh fruit. Add some ice cream.
These bars derive from my love of brownies and pretzels. Both hugely popular here! And cookie dough who can resist that stuff!? Also a favorite in my house. Have you ever tried a cookie dough parfait? What about cookie dough pie?
Friends, there’s nothing wrong with life’s little indulgences but I try to keep myself in check. Whew! It gets hard. But life wouldn’t be complete without some chocolate or fruity dessert to share with friends.
So enjoy the indulgences that life has given you but savor them and use for moments that matter! I appreciate each of you as my readers!
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Follow Carmel Moments on BLOGLOVIN’
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Hershey's special dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square pan. Line with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl. Stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile with your stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Beat in vanilla and salt. Gradually add flour. The mixture will be crumbly. Add in 2 tablespoons of milk and mix to combine. Add additional tablespoon if it's too dry. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie down very carefully over cooled brownie layer.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and arrange pretzels carefully on top of cookie dough. Return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until cookie dough is lightly browned and cooked through.
Linked on: Buns in My Oven
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.