Cookie Dough Pretzel Parfaits – Delicious no bake dessert or breakfast loaded with Greek yogurt, edible cookie dough, pretzels and granola. Simple to make recipe with salty and sweet.
I honestly don’t know where to begin. I guess my love of cookie dough is running deep these days. One day I just decided to make edible cookie dough and roll into small balls. I mean, why not put temptation right in front of your eyes every. single. time. you. open. the. fridge.
Why not? And then immediately I regretted that decision and decided I must do something with these cookie dough balls. I can not survive with them here. And that’s how these little beauties came to be.
Parfaits and trifles are absolutely the most gorgeous desserts in my opinion. You take these delicious layers of anything and everything gorgeous and show them off through glass. Sheer joy. Someone is brilliant.
You can get really creative with them though and that’s what makes it so fun. Maybe you think cookie dough is too decadent for breakfast. It probably is. But I’d serve these up for dessert any day.
Cute little story. My kids literally were waiting nearby the whole time I photographed these. I have no idea why I did it when they were home. Because, you see they would not stay away for this. They wanted to taste it so badly.
I had to force them to leave the kitchen. And because they eventually listened and because they worked so hard on making this and taking the pictures (yeah right!) I decided to let them immediately indulge in this right in the middle of the afternoon.
Aren’t I the coolest mom ever? *wink* And look at that terrible lighting. Do you see why I’m much better at photographing food versus people. Great example right here.
Enjoy your day my friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
- ½ butter (1 stick), softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 cups granola (homemade or store bought)
- whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl blend brown sugar and butter until creamy. Stir in milk, vanilla extract and salt. Gradually beat in flour. Mix in chocolate chips. Using the palm of your hand roll cookie dough into small ½" balls. Place on a baking sheet or tray and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Line up 4 parfait glasses. (Wine, drinking, or jars work well too.)
- Layer 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt into each.
- Layer with crushed pretzels. Granola. Cookie dough balls.
- Repeat layers. Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like: