Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Be still, my heart. It’s finally here. My favorite breakfast of all time.
Brace yourselves. It’s breakfast with chocolate. That’s my kind of breakfast.
I was totally into instant breakfast. The kind where you pour the powder in a cup of milk and gulp it down. When I eliminated a lot from our diets it had to go. I was left helpless for breakfast. I missed it terribly.
So I came across banana smoothies online. I decided to give it a try with cocoa powder for some chocolate zing. Then I discovered dark chocolate cocoa powder and it took it to another level for me.
Now I get my chocolate and some nutrients for breakfast again. My hubby tried to argue with me and tell me it was healthy but what part can he argue with? The bananas? The milk? The ice? See, honey. You ain’t got nothing.
So prepare to be dazzled and amazed when you make yourself this for breakfast tomorrow. It’s so good.
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp Greek or regular yogurt
- 1 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter, natural or creamy
- ¼ cup milk, add more if needed
- handful of ice cubes
- ½ oz of dark chocolate bar, optional
- Combine frozen banana, yogurt, cocoa powder, peanut butter, milk and ice in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add dark chocolate if desired. Pulse a few more times just to make nice little flakes.
- Drink and enjoy.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.