Delicious moist chocolate zucchini bread topped with a sweet coconut glaze. Perfect way to enjoy zucchini this summer. A favorite in our house. You'll be so glad you made it.
If you know me at all by now you know I'm a huge bread fan and a chocolate fan. So when I can combine the two I'm pretty much in heaven. And my thighs know it.
Last year I made this awesome double chocolate zucchini bread and fell in love. I love zucchini but with this one I was pleased that you couldn't see and taste huge clumps of zucchini. It made me want to make it over and over again.
So this year I decided to bring it back in a powerful way with the yumminess of coconut. Huge coconut fan too. I know you're wondering. 'OK. What doesn't this girl like?' That would be...oh geez. Why aren't I coming up with anything?
That's right! I love food! Dips. Cheesy food. Fruity desserts. Sandwiches. OK. Back to chocolate and coconut.
That would be this bread. And it is AH-mazing! If you like chocolate and coconut you'll love this for sure. It's sweet simple and perfect for breakfast or snack.
Hey I just said you could each chocolate for breakfast. I should at least be getting a virtual high-five or something!
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Follow Carmel Moments on BLOGLOVIN'
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don't miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup Hershey's special dark cocoa
- 1⅔ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, gently squeezed
- 1 cup dark (or semisweet) chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk
- ¼ cup sweetened (or unsweetened) shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8" loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 55 to 75 minutes, until the loaf tests done (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and coconut milk. Stir until smooth. If necessary add another drop or 2 of coconut milk to desired consistency or if you'd like it thicker add a bit more confectioner's sugar. Drizzle over warm bread. Cool bread completely before slicing.
Shared on: Shared with Whimsy Wednesday, Buns in My Oven, Time to Sparkle, Thrifty Thursdays, Saturday Night Fever, Show Stopper Saturday,Wake Up Wednesdays,Six Sisters Stuff, Link Party Palooza, Creative Ways, Tidy Mom, Best of the Weekend Party, Titus Tuesdays, Show and Share Wednesdays, Moonlight & Mason Jars, 4 Little Fergusons, Weekend Retreat Party
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.