Easy Slow Cooker Beef Chili – Simple blend of red beans, white beans, ground beef and seasonings that slow cook in the crock pot for a perfect and easy chili meal. Dinner served has never been so tasty!
Hello friends! When’s the last time you ate a big ole bowl of soup or chili? For us, we can say just this week almost any time in the fall or winter. Some form of soup or chili is on the menu weekly in our house.
This one with kale is my latest fav. I hoard in the freezer so no one else finds it. Sshhhh… Don’t tell.
And this one is by far my readers favorite soup this year. It’s had constant traffic since it went viral on Facebook back in September. And I can see why. Here in PA it’s an all time comfort food with many fans. And this is one of my kids faves!
And now we’re onto chili. I’ll be perfectly honest with you. I’ve never been a big chili fan. But recently I’ve actually come to enjoy it. Now, I still won’t choose it over soup but I really like it. My husband has always been the chili man in our house. But his recipe always tends to have too much kick for me.
The man really likes jalapenos and hot sauce! I however, not as much. So this chili is in many ways his creation but toned down for my taste buds so I can really enjoy it without keeling over from the burn.
I’m so thankful that I do have a man that helps out in the kitchen. My only hope now is that as life progresses we have more time to spend in the kitchen. Because it really makes my heart happy having him by my side chopping and cooking up a storm.
So my hope is that you’ll enjoy ‘OUR’ chili. I know there are many recipes out there but if you try it let me know. We love to hear feedback from the readers. Thanks! xo
Pair up this delish bread:
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves. minced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pickled jalapenos or green chilies, drained
- green onions
- sour cream
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet. Cook onions and peppers until softened.
- Add the minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add the ground beef to the skillet. Break up and cook stirringly occasionally until cooked through.
- Transfer to a slow cooker. Add in all the remaining ingredients.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with the cheese, green onions or chives, and sour cream.
You may also like: