English Batter Buns – Quick and easy roll recipe that bakes up nicely in muffin tins. Golden buttery, a perfect addition to the bread basket for every meal.
Today I bring you an effortless bun recipe. Alright you got me. It’s not completely effortless but it sure is easy. If you’re afraid to try homemade bread this is a great recipe to start with. It’s also impossible to mess it up. And look it doesn’t matter if they’re a bit messy in the dough stage. They turn out perfectly imperfect. Wouldn’t you say?
Mix up your dough. Let it rise for a bit. Scoop into muffin cups. Let rise again. Bake and brush with butter.
These buns are perfect with soups or chicken dishes, sandwiches or smeared with butter and jelly for breakfast. They’re rich and buttery. So if you’re looking for something super light and airy you probably don’t want this recipe. You may enjoy these more.
Serve these up for your next meal or holiday gathering. I don’t think a soul in the house will complain. No way! Good to the last leftover crumb.
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 2 packages (1/4 ounces each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the butter, sugar, salt, eggs and 2 cups flour. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in the rest of flour until smooth. Cover dough in bowl and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Stir batter vigorously for 25 strokes (dough will be slightly sticky). Spoon into greased muffin cups. Tap pans to settle the batter. Cover and let rise until batter reaches tops of muffin cups, approximately 20 minutes. In the meantime, preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and baked through. Brush with butter.
Recipe adapted slightly from Taste of Home
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.