Greek Yogurt Chocolate Zucchini Bread – Healthy and delicious this simple chocolate zucchini bread is made with Greek yogurt and honey. It has less sugar, is better for you and tastes great! Summer time favorite.
Zucchini is abundant in our garden. I did a little cheating this year. And bought a starter plant so I could have zucchini in June instead of waiting until July. Well my $2 investment has certainly paid off. We’ve harvested about 10 zucchini so far. And we’re just getting started.
We do use it for many other things too. Like these amazing zucchini boats. Seriously, you must try them. They are so good. Everyone in our family loves them. And there’s never leftovers.
So I want to ask. What are your favorite ways to make zucchini in the summer? The last zucchini boats I made were terrible, no one liked them. I’ll make sure that I DO NOT share the recipe with you. 🙂 But what are those can’t miss, must make recipes your family loves with zucchini as the superstar ingredient? PLEASE share!
You’ll love this Greek Yogurt Chocolate Zucchini Bread because:
- It’s moist and flavorful with rich chocolate taste.
- It’s healthier because it’s made with Greek yogurt and coconut oil; better fats.
- I’ve reduced some of the sugar and replaced with honey, a natural sweeter.
I hope your family enjoys it!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup Hershey's special dark cocoa
- 1⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, gently squeezed
- 1 cup dark (or semisweet) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, Greek yogurt and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 55 to 75 minutes, until the loaf is done (until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the loaf to a cooling rack.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.