Guacamole Grilled Cheese – Grilled cheese sandwich bursting with gooey cheese and guacamole. This recipe makes a whole new way to enjoy a grilled cheese sandwich.
My avocado fetish is new compared to most people. I really wish I would have tried it years ago. And it seems like it’s become much more popular. Or is that simply because I wasn’t paying attention before? I’m not sure. Super glad that I found out how much I love this super food! And it’s good for me and delicious.
I’ve now put it in my egg salad, my lunch wraps, appetizers and more. Sounds like it’s time for me to make a dessert with it, huh? We’ll see how that goes. I’ve got to come up with something creative for sure.
I love to use my panini pan for grilled cheese. It makes the best marks. And I love grilled marks. They beckon me with their golden flecks of goodness. Almost poetic, right?
They seem to signify great food. It’s not always the case but that’s just me. My husband bought this for me several Christmases ago at my request and I’ve used it for all my grilled sandwiches since though. Well worth the money IMO. *Thanks, babe!*
If there’s one sandwich I’d love to share with the world right now, it’s this one. Friend, it’s so good! Even if you’re not an avocado fan I have an idea that you might be smitten with this one if you could just taste one bite.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
- 4 slices of thick hearty bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 thick slices of Monterey jack cheese (or your preference)
- Heat a skillet or panini press over medium-low heat.
- Thinly spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Spread the other side of each slice with mayonnaise and place the bread, mayonnaise-side-down, in the pan. Divide the cheese evenly on top of the buttered slices. Adjust the heat so the bread sizzles gently.
- When the cheese is about halfway melted, use a spatula to flip one slice over on top of the other, and press lightly to melt. Keep turning the sandwich, pressing gently, until the sandwich is compact, both sides are crusty, and the cheese is melted.
Avocado Lunch Ideas to Try:
Chicken and Avocado Ranch Burritos – Damn Delicious
Rosemary, Chicken, Bacon Avocado Salad – How Sweet It Is
California Turkey Club Wrap – Tastes Lovely
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.