Honey Vanilla Pound Cake – This decadent loaf is made with real butter, vanilla almond milk and a hint of honey. Topped with a delicious rich honey vanilla glaze.
So this recipe is a first around here. I’ve never posted a pound cake before. And I figured I’d start if off strong with a delicious one. This rich pound cake is made with everything you’d expect in a traditional pound cake…butter, eggs, sugar, flour. But what makes this one is different is the honey and vanilla. Oh yum.
It’s made with a bit of Almond Breeze and then topped with a honey vanilla glaze. I really think you’ll like this fresh twist on a classic cake.
I saved myself a few calories when I made this. I let my husband eat 87% the kids 6% and I had the rest. That way I can have my cake, eat too and not gain 5 lbs in one week. Winner for all!
Look at this dripping honey though. Oh my goodness I can’t wait to think of something else this week to drizzle honey on. It’s just so pretty.
Of course you could be boring and not drizzle the added honey and it’s still pretty. And the vanilla can shine through. I’m a bit of a vanilla freak lately too. Here’s more. And one more. And just one more. I’ll probably be adding several more through out the year because vanilla is a delicious year round flavor that I just can’t resist.
It’s pretty awesome too. Because I used to be fixated on chocolate 24/7 but now that I’ve let vanilla in my life I’m not letting it get away. It’s deserves it’s own showcase and praise. So versatile; from breakfast to dessert to main dishes. It’s mah-velous!
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 extra large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Almond Breeze Almondmilk Hint of Honey Vanilla
- ¼ cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons Almond Breeze Almondmilk Hint of Honey Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- honey for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9 x 4" loaf pan with parchement paper or lightly grease.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time. Stirring after each addition. Pour in milk, yogurt honey and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Sift in flour and baking soda. Mix until smooth. Do not overmix. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons Almond Breeze almond milk, honey and vanilla. If mixture is too thick add up to 2 more tablespoons almond milk. Stir until smooth. Drizzle or spread glaze over pound cake. Drizzle with honey.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.