Jalapeno Popper Pizza – Fresh pizza dough topped with cream cheese, mozzarella, colby jack cheeses, fresh jalapenos and crispy bacon. Spicy family favorite for dinner.
Right up front I want you to know that I’m not typically a spicy foods kind of gal. I like a good buffalo wing. I like tacos but I don’t like crazy spicy foods. But quite awhile ago I feel in love with these bacon wrapped banana peppers which are stuffed with bits of jalapeno. I was shocked how much I enjoyed them simply because I’m not usually into ‘hot’ stuff.
Well besides my husband. Go back and re-read the last line. I just had thrown that it in there. Sorry. I know. I’m a complete goofball. Back to this.
And then last year I came across these Jalapeno Stuffed Zucchini Boats and of course I shared them with all of you because that would not have been kind at all if I didn’t. I can’t keep the good stuff to myself. That’s what it’s like to be a blogger. I’ve come to find out blogger = sharerer. And not just of recipes. But of food itself. I’m always dropping ‘goods’ off at my neighbors.
And beyond recipes and food, it’s sharing life. You have to be willing to be vulnerable and put yourself out there. Share your life. Your hurts, your hurdles, your triumphs. It’s been an amazing journey that I enjoy.
Sharing with all of you brings me such joy. I’m so glad you’re here and that you care!
Take a chance on this Jalapeno Popper pizza. “It’s worth it.” says the girl who rarely eats spicy, hot food. Take a chance on me. The flavors are beyond fabulous!
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
- 2 teaspoons active or instant yeast
- 1¼ cups lukewarm water
- 3¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 4 jalapenos, sliced (or to taste)
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅔ cup chive and onion cream cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- If using active dry yeast; dissolve in lukewarm water with a teaspoon of sugar. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes until frothy. If you're using instant yeast, you can skip this step.
- Combine the dissolved yeast (or the instant yeast) with the flour, olive oil and salt. Mix and knead until everything comes together (by hand, mixer or bread machine set on the dough cycle). Mix until you have a soft, smooth dough.
- Using a stand mixer, it should take about 5-6 minutes at medium speed. Dough should clear the sides of the bowl but stick to the bottom a bit.
- Grease a large bowl with a few drops of olive oil. Place dough in bowl. Flip once to coat both sides with oil, cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let it rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Use parchment or pizza paddle sprinkled with cornmeal. Separate dough into 2 equal pieces. Shape each dough into desired shape. Place dough on parchment or pizza paddle.
- Soften cream cheese in microwave for about 15 seconds. Do not melt. Just soften. Spread half over pizza. Top with mozzarella and colby jack cheeses. Sprinkle with jalapenos and bacon. Repeat for second pizza.
- Slide pizza onto preheated stone and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheeses are melted and crust is crisp and lightly browned.
Pizza Recipes from friends:
You’ll also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.