Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Bread – A delicious moist lemon bread studded with blueberries, topped with a lemon glaze. Made with Greek yogurt this is the perfect bread to serve in the summer.
This bread blew me away. I didn’t know a quick bread could be so moist. It’s delectable and perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Heck. I even enjoyed it for lunch. Don’t tell anyone I threw away my sandwich for a slice of this. Please…. I won’t tell your secrets. My kids really can’t find out that mom is willing to throw out her lunch for dessert.
That will just create chaos for all of us. You know what I’m saying? No more ‘Wait until tonight for snack.’ No. I’ll find 29 (1 bite taken) sandwiches in the trash. And Daddy will not be happy at all! Food is not supposed to be wasted after all. So please don’t tell. I told you lots of chaos.
I made this bread one evening. Let it cool. And packed it away to photograph the next day. I started pulling props out and arranging things. Then I took the loaf out of the pan. Surprise! Someone had decided to go ahead and cut off a slice.
Um….ahem! You can’t live in a blogger’s house and just eat food without asking.
One question always needs asked first:
“Did you get to photograph this yet?” If the answer is no back FAR, FAR away.
Just a sidenote. No one got harmed in anyway during the creating of this bread. But someone did get a good talking to.
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 oz plain Greek yogurt (regular should work too)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Set aside
- Mix together egg, milk, melted butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Pour into well. Mix just until combined. Stir in yogurt. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool before slicing.
- Combine confectioners sugar with lemon juice, milk and lemon zest. Stir until smooth consistency. Drizzle over warm bread.
Adapted from Frankly Entertaining
You may also like:
Shared on: Shared with Whimsy Wednesday, Buns in My Oven, Time to Sparkle, Thrifty Thursdays, Saturday Night Fever, Show Stopper Saturday,Wake Up Wednesdays,Six Sisters Stuff, Link Party Palooza, Creative Ways, Tidy Mom, Best of the Weekend Party, Titus Tuesdays, Show and Share Wednesdays, Moonlight & Mason Jars, Weekend Potluck, Weekend Retreat Party, Pin Junkie Party
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.