Mozzarella Stuffed Sausage Meatballs and Pasta – Homemade Italian Sausage stuffed with mozzarella cheese meatballs. Perfect for entertaining, parties, dinner and freezing for later.
I’m excited to share today’s post, mostly because I love my husband. Say, what?! What does that have to do with pasta and meatballs? Well, my husband is Italian. And this man loves his Italian-ness. And in that Italian way, he loves his pasta and could eat it almost every night of the week. So this is a tribute to my man, who’s always pleased when we’re gathered around the table for pasta.
Today we’re gathering for Barilla pasta, paired with delicious Johnsonville sausage and oozing with Galbani mozzarella cheese. Some of food’s greatest pleasures all wrapped up in one delicious meal.
I picked up my ingredients at Giant Food and couldn’t wait to put together this incredible meal. Take the sausage out of the casing, place in a bowl and break it up. Add the eggs, seasonings and such and you’re off to a great start.
Form into balls and place on a cookie rack with a baking pan lined with foil underneath.
Cut cheese into cubes (or wacky shapes) because we all know it’s all going to melt and taste the same anyway. Place a piece of cheese over each meatball.
Press cheese mixture into meat and shape the meat around the cheese to form a nice ball.
And now we bake. And wait patiently. But don’t forget to boil your delicious Barilla pasta while you wait with joy.
Before you know you’ll be ready to dig in like my family. And let’s just say they weren’t waiting with joy. They were getting a bit impatient because they love pasta too.
Gather round, today we’re serving up the good stuff. Wish you could be here with us.
But no worries. You can stop by your nearest Giant Food between 10/21-10/27 and purchase Barilla Pasta, Johnsonville Italian Sausage and Galbani Cheese, you’ll automatically save $3 at checkout with your store loyalty card! While supplies last.
Gather for Pasta
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- “This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® & Lactalis American Group but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #MealSolutionMatch http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV ”
- 1 pound Johnsonville Sausage
- 2 slices of sandwich bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces
- 16 ounces Barilla pasta (I used Farfalle)
- 24 ounces Barilla pasta sauce
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Spray with non-stick baking spray. Top with a cooling rack (for draining).
- Remove Johsonville sausage from casing. Place in a bowl and break it up. Add all the remaining meatball ingredients except cheese in
bowl. Mix well. Shape mixture into 24 meatballs. Press 1 cheese cube into the center of each meatball. Use your hands to cover meat mixture over cheese completely. Place on prepared rack.
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve with Barilla pasta and sauce, if desired. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese (or save for another use).
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.