Oreo Cupcakes- From scratch vanilla cupcakes, topped with oreo buttercream. Perfect blend of cookies and cream. Homemade and fabulous, everyone will want more.
A certain little…err….not so little, girl had a birthday recently. She’s 11. Oh gracious! How did that happen? Because I’m only 23. That makes for one young mother. I’m just kidding friends. I was 23 quite a while ago.
My little princess signed me up for cupcakes for her Wednesday night church class and her school class. Lucky momma me. 26 cupcakes for school plus a dozen more for church. So I told her I’d do it. Not a problem. But then there was a problem….choosing the perfect cupcake.
I deliberated over angel food cupcakes, strawberry shortcake or these. My girl loves strawberries and she really like angel food cake but she also loves her Oreos and it’s not a usual treat in this house. Our purchased snacks are deliberately choosen. We look for healthy ones and stay clear of the junk for the most part. But then there are special occasions like birthdays when all of it flies right out the window.
You know your girl loves oreos when even her close friend buys them as part of her birthday gift. So sweet. Her friends are the best. They all came over for a night of English muffins pizzas, homemade pretzels and cupcakes. She ended up with about 13 rolls of colorful, funky and floral duct tape. It’s all the rage right now.
I’ve already seen quite a few come out of her room. I’m just hoping that one day when she hands me one that she won’t really expect to go out in public with it on my shoulder.
But you know that mom guilt will kick and next thing I’ll be walking the aisles of Target sporting a yellow duck duct tape purse. And you’ll be jealous about the fashion statement I’m making. I just know it.
But for now you can enjoy these delicious irresistible Oreo cupcakes. Cheers!
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Follow Carmel Moments on BLOGLOVIN’
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 24 Oreos, separated
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- crushed Oreos from above
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners. Separate oreos. Place extra cookies to the side for frosting. Place one cookie per liner with the with cream side up.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with flat beater cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and add eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla. Alternately add buttermilk and dry mixture. Mix just until fully combined. Do not overmix. Scrape the sides of bowl if needed and mix for just 15 more seconds. Scoop batter into prepared liners filling about ⅔ full. *I had a bit extra after the 24.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl until soft and creamy, about 3 minutes. Mix in confectioner's sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Stirring until smooth. Stir in crushed Oreos until evenly mixed.
- Spread or pipe onto cupcakes.
Adapted from Tide and Thyme and Annie’s Eats
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.