Pizza Soup loaded with sausage and pepperoni – Easy cheesy tomato based soup loaded with sausage, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Sure to be a new favorite! Pizza in a bowl.
Here’s another fabulous soup brought to you by Camel Moments. Doesn’t that just sound so formal? Well, there’s nothing formal about this soup. It’s easy. It’s kid-friendly. It’s hubby approved. (Meat, baby!)
One of the greatest things about this soup is that I can have it on the table in about 30 minutes. I don’t know about your home but we have this thing called crazy hour.
Crazy hour is actually about 1 1/2 hours long. That’s how crazy it is! It’s when two of the children arrive home from school. Hungry. There’s homework to do. There’s a dog that keeps walking between my legs. There’s dinner to be made.
It’s the hour of the day where if I ever might come a little unglued then this would be it. Thanks to Lysa’s wise advice I’m learning a process on how to control my freakish emotions. But….this 4-5:30 time frame is usually my “Mommy wants to freak right now.” time frame.
I gave a shout out for help several weeks ago on Facebook. According to my wise Facebook fans I could be better prepared. Such as preparing a snack before they walk through the door. Or even preparing dinner ahead of time. I’m slowly making progress in these areas.
But for the days when 4:00 hits me like a rush of cold wind. I can turn to this soup. This warming ‘you are so dang easy, I love you because you’re so kid-friendly’ soup.
Dinner? Served! A side of bread? I got you covered.
Dinner. Bam. Done.
Until next time.
Love and blessings,
- ¾ lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan cook Italian sausage. When sausage is beginning to brown add chopped onion. Continue to cook until sausage is cooked through and onion is translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes, pizza sauce, water and Italian seasoning.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15- 20 minutes.
- Serve in bowls topped with Parmesan and mozzarella. Enjoy alongside my quick cheese bread.
Shared at What’s Cooking Wednesday
Delicious served with my quick cheese bread.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.