Pull Apart Garlic Bread – Easy and delicious homemade pull apart garlic bread. Made from scratch dough with delicious herbs. Perfect addition to every meal.
Say these words after me….
That’s all I needed. You can be done here. You can scroll as fast as your little finger will take you to the recipe and start baking. That’s how good this bread is. Well, you will need a few things. Some bread flour, a few other ingredients, a thing called TIME. Not thyme.
You know that thing that we have lots of everyday but wonder where it went? That thing. This bread takes about 30 minutes of your time to prepare. Less if you’re an advanced baker. Then the rest of the time is just waiting. That’s other thing that we tend to not always be good at. A little waiting for rising and a little waiting for baking is all it takes.
Bam! Before you know you’ll be pulling off pieces of this delicious bread and telling everyone nearby that “They must try this bread NOW!” before you eat it all.
Not like I know from experience. It’s just what might happen after that first bite.
I haven’t baked bread in awhile. And I was really missing it. The summer is going great but with the kids being home bread making has become a “Wish I had time for event.’
So today “I took the bull by the horns.” I’m ‘Getting r done.” “Nailed it!”
And so on.
The proof is in the pudding. Wait I mean the pictures. *smile*
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
- 1 cup (8 oz) warm water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 oz) milk (I used 1%)
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- 5½ - 6½ cups (1 lb 9 oz - 2 lbs 3 oz) bread flour
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 4 teaspoons dried)
- 2 Tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 4 cloves garlic, mined
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Add warm water to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook. Sprinkle water with sugar and yeast. Stir and let stand 5-10 minutes until foamy. Mix in butter, milk, salt and 3 cups flour. Stir in additional flour gradually. Add enough flour until dough is smooth. Knead for 7-10 minutes. Dough should stick to the bottom of the bowl but clears sides. It will be soft and slightly sticky. (Kneading can also be kneaded by hand by will take closer to 10 minutes to a achieve a smooth dough.) Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, oregano and minced garlic. Cut dough into 1-in. pieces; dip into butter mixture. Layer into 2 – greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees 15 minutes prior.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Temperature should read 200 degrees. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
Items used to make this recipe:
You may also savor these delicious bread:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.