Quick Parmesan Cheddar Cheese Bread – Quick, simple bread made with Parmesan and cheddar cheeses. The perfect addition to any meal. Serve alone or with honey or butter. It’s delicate and tasty!
This bread is AMAZING. Oh my awesome. As cheese lovers you can assume that this stuff vanishes in my house. I told you I love to bake. And when I get to bake with something that includes cheese… Oh my, stars in my eyes.
Do you see this stuff? Maybe you can’t tell in the picture how perfect and tender it is. Can bread be tender? I don’t know. But I just declared this cheese bread tender.
This cheese bread is super simple. No yeast. No rising time.
I would actually even possibly invite you over for dinner and serve you this and only this. I could probably get away with it. You would be enjoying it so much that you wouldn’t even remember there wasn’t a main course. Haha. That wouldn’t happen.
My husband would be like, “Mel, where’s the meat? A man needs meat.” Forget the bread. Forget the dessert. A man needs his meat. Are the men in your life like that? I try to serve up a vegetarian meal every now and then and all is well. Two nights in a row. Forget it. I’m definitely hearing the meat mantra.
Don’t forget to check back later this week. I have another yummy soup up my sleeve. This one involves pepperoni, sausage and mozzarella cheese. It’s a winner for sure!
*Side note* See that wooden cutting board in the photos? My sweet 11 year old picked this out for me for Christmas. This momma ain’t never say no to kitchen tools. In fact I request them, list them and hope for them. Sigh, I’m such a bore. Well, at least it keeps me out of trouble. *smile*
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 3 oz ( 1 cup) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk (2 % or whole)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and sprinkle ½ cup Parmesan evenly in bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cayenne and pepper to combine. Using rubber spatula, mix in cheddar breaking up clumps, until cheese is coated with flour. In medium bowl, whisk together milk, sour cream, melted butter and egg. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan. Level out with rubber spatula. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until loaf is deep golden brown and toothpick comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto wire rack. Turn right side up and cool for about 45 minutes. Serve
- To freeze: Wrap cooled loaf tightly with double layer of aluminum foil and freeze up to 3 months.
Recipe from: The Cook’s Illustrated Baking Book
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.