Skinny whole wheat blueberry banana muffins – These healthy muffins are baked to perfection using Greek yogurt, whole wheat flour, honey for sweetness and the perfect blend of bananas and blueberries. Fresh and tasty.
It’s that time of year and the world falls in love. Every thing seems to say…..”Healthy. Less Sugar. Cut back.” Less fat.I know you’ve heard it too. It’s been bellowing in my ears since I couldn’t make myself stop eating gobbles of chocolate crinkles and coconut roasted almonds. Well the later could be considered pretty healthy…until you eat 6 handfuls at a time. Then….not so much.
With these whole wheat muffins you don’t have to sacrifice flavor for deliciousness. Yogurt creates the perfect moist muffin that you crave. Instead of being overloaded with sugar they’re sweetened from the nature of the fruit and a bit of honey.
My hubby who is anti-whole wheat (unfortunately), grabbed 2 of these for work the one day. I quizzed him later on how he liked them. He had no idea they were made with whole wheat and no sugar! That’s how deceiving and amazing these muffins are!
If I can fool my hubby with these healthy muffins you know you’ll want to try them. You just may never go back to ‘real’ muffins again. And same goes for me!
Here’s to a healthy NEW YEAR with lots less sugar and calories!
Thanks for being here friends! What are your New Year’s resolutions or goals??? I’d love to hear.
Til we meet and eat again,
Tools for the job:
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt, plain or blueberry
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the Greek yogurt and honey until thoroughly combined. Mix in eggs, vanilla and banana. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix until combined. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until there are no dry patches remaining. Stir in frozen blueberries.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large cookie scoop, scoop batter in greased or paper lined muffin pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.