A delicious soft cream cheese cookie with dark chocolate chips that melts in your mouth.
The cream cheese is sort of hidden in these cookies. It’s not like you’re eating a slice of cheesecake or a bagel topped with cream cheese. No, my friends.
It’s just a hint to let you know it’s there. It peeks through without jumping out and freaking you out. That’s my kind of cookie. You know. The kind that don’t freak me. The ones I just prefer to eat by the handfuls.
I made these on the smaller side. Well, as we all know the smaller the cookie the more you can eat. Can I get an nod or a cookie for that?
Secondly, they’re just cuter. Cuter makes my world go round. As it does for many women I know. Why is it that baby clothes and tiny coke bottles and itty bitty chairs are just too cute to resist? I don’t understand it but that’s the way it is.
So, I present you with these delightful little cookies. Full of flavor. Almost bite sized. Ready to munch.
These are not my all time favorite food photos. I don’t know what it is about them. I just couldn’t get them to look as good in the photos as they did in my mouth.
Maybe it’s the fact that they looked too good and I couldn’t focus my attention behind the lens. Most of the molecules of my brain were searching to and fro for morsels that had fallen.
Well, if they had fallen I assure you I wouldn’t have gotten them anyway. There’s this little 4 legged friend who looks to and fro minute by minute for fallen crumbs. It’s her doggy purpose for sure. Find crumbs. Eat crumbs. What a life!
Anywho, friends. I hope you have a marvelous day!
Love and blessings!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chips
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar in a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape down bowl and add cream cheese. Mix for 1 minute. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until fully incorporated. Don't overmix.
- Stir in flour mixture. Mix just until well combined. Stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until soft to the touch and very golden brown.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.