Favorite spinach and broccoli quiche made with fresh vegetables; spinach, broccoli, onion and garlic with fresh eggs and cheddar. Perfect, healthy and filling; add to your brunch menu today!
This quiche has fabulous flavor. So fabulous that I don’t know why I haven’t shared it. I first made it over a month ago. I love that it’s packed with veggies and that it doesn’t have to have meat to make the meal. I’m totally okay with not having meat for breakfast.
This quiche was so delicious and if you’re not a fan of spinach swap it out for kale. If you’re not a fan of broccoli try cauliflower. Make it your own combo.
To be honest the real reason I’ve probably avoided making homemade quiche for years is the dreaded pie crust. I really hated making pie crust. I always failed at it and so eventually I gave up. Okay, so maybe I tried only 3-4 times but still that was enough wasted ingredients and frustration for me.
So I just gave in years ago and bought refrigerated. Well, over the past 5-6 years I’ve truly tried to get rid of a lot of processed foods. We don’t buy canned soups, cake mix, boxed mac and cheese or frozen chicken parm. We’ve truly begun buying a lot more whole foods.
We still purchase pasta, chocolate chips, pasta, etc. but it’s my goal to to make homemade versus whatever I can get at the store. We’ve been doing great with it. But pie crust….ugh. I just gave up on pies altogether….until recently.
Because friends….I finally conquered pie crust. It may not look wonderful or perfect. But I’m so happy that I can make pies and quiches now and I don’t feel intimidated but it.
So even though my pie crust is less than stellar I hope you’ll give this a try even if you do go with a store bought crust. This is a total no judgement zone! Have a beautiful day!
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees°. Using a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and onion to the skillet and cook and stir until crisp and tender. Stir in spinach and garlic; cook and continue to stir 4-5 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- Place pie crust in pie plate and flute edges. Fill with broccoli mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir in half of cheddar cheese and half of Swiss cheese. Pour mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Recipe adapted slightly from Taste of Home
You may also like:
Breakfast Recipes from Friends:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.