Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins – Fluffy, soft chocolate chip muffins studded with fresh strawberries. Perfect in season as breakfast or dessert. Made with Greek yogurt, the whole family is sure to love these!
Strawberry chocolate chip muffins here today. Boo-ya! They’re just too fun. Like I said, I’m just in a berry happy sort of way this time of the year. Berries are fresh for the picking and I’m loving it. Strawberries are first here in Central Pennsylvania. Raspberries will be next, followed by blueberries and blackberries (which we get from our own backyard) Yes!
You’ll love these muffins because:
- They’re super soft and moist. Made with yogurt which enhances the softness.
- They’re less calories. I lightened these up a bit by using Greek yogurt. It’s perfect to use in baking and saves the waistline. Another ‘yes’!
- They’re freezer friendly. Wrap them in tight plastic and put in a zip top bag or place in a freezer friendly container. They’ll stay fresh for a month. Just pull one out in the night before. Place it on the counter and it’s good to go for breakfast the next day.
Friends, you all know by now how much I like chocolate, right? Because it’s like a major part of my life. I seem to find ways to sneak it into lots of food. Like this bread or pancakes or this popcorn .
I have a huge listing of chocolate recipes on the blog. Some you probably don’t even know exsist. Because they’ve gotten left in the dust by the more popluar recipes but it certainly doesn’t mean they should be ignored.
If you’re ready to try something new I have some suggestions:
These parfaits are so good! We all loved them and my brother has been begging for them since Christmas but they’re not exactly a road trip worthy dessert. (He lives 2 hours away.) But they definitely are an award winning dessert.
Or you should try this chocolate/vanilla bread. No one has to choose favorites then. It’s got the flavor of both and it’s sure to please many appetites!
And another forgotten favorite, this chocolate mocha. Make at home to save you cash and it’s just as good!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a standard-size muffin pan or line with muffin cups and grease the muffin cups.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla extract just until combined. Scrape down the bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Alternately add dry ingredients with Greek yogurt to the creamed mixture. Do not over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips and strawberries.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups very close to the brim. Don't overfill.
- Bake muffins at 450 degrees for about 5 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees. Continue to bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to let cool for 10 minutes. Remove from muffins tins and cool completely.
You will love these delicious recipes too!
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.