Sunshine Iced Tea – A refreshing simple iced tea with a delicious dose of lemon and orange. Fresh brewed, serve with ice, sip and enjoy for a summer day.
Ahh. Sunshine Iced Tea. I love me a big ole glass of iced tea on a warm day. Refreshing. Sweet. Delicious.
Growing up my mom always had sweet tea around. She would change it around a bit here and there but it was always a staple in our house.
I now have some of my own sweet tea loving kids. I’ve lowered the sugar a bit over the years to keep the calories down but I still love it all the same.
This simple recipe includes lemons and oranges. I love the flavor the citrus adds to the tea.
I hope you give this recipe a try. It sure makes me happy weather it’s summer or I’m just dreaming of summer.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
- 7-8 tea bags
- 3 cups water
- ¾ cup sugar, more if you want it sweeter
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- Place sugar in a medium saucepan with 3 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add tea bags. Turn off and let tea bags steep for at least 2 hours.
- In the meantime, juice 2 lemons and 2 oranges in a small bowl. *If you don't have a juicer, you can use a spoon or fork. Take spoon, place into center of lemon or orange and twist left and right.
- Pour tea into a gallon pitcher. Squeeze excess tea from bags into pitcher as well.
- Add lemon and orange juice.
- Add several cups of ice cubes. Fill to the top with water.Enjoy!