Take 5 Chocolate caramel Pretzel Cookies
Peanut butter dough balls stuffed pretzels, chocolate, caramel. All around delicious cookies crunch and softness.
I adore chocolate and caramel together. Can you tell? That’s two cookies recipes in one week and they both involve chocolate and caramel. I can’t help myself friends. Send help, now! There has to be help for girls like me. Or you could just leave me hopelessly in love with this combo and that would be OK too.
This one however is completely different, made with peanut butter, chunky or creamy and adding the crunch of pretzels. These cookies are phenomenal!
So here’s the run down of the Take 5:
- peanut butter
Sounds like a good combo, huh? I think so!
Til we meet and eat again,
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy (or creamy) peanut butter
- 1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pretzel twists, lightly crushed
- 36 Rolo candies, unwrapped
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and peanut butter. Mix for several minutes until light and creamy. Scrape down bowl. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix again until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until fully incorporated. Add half of flour mixture. Mix on low. Add in remaining flour mixture. Mix just until dough is combined. Stir in pretzels by hand.
- Cut rolos in half. Flatten slightly (you can skip this step if you're rushed for time). Take approximately 1½ tablespoons of dough. Press rolo halves in center and cover over. Place all of shaped cookies on greased baking sheet or parchment lined sheet and refrigerate for about 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes before removing to cooling rack. This will allow them to finish baking on cookie sheet.
The chill time allows cookies to stay more rounded when baking.
Crunchy or creamy peanut butter can be used. The peanuts in the crunch or what makes up the Take 5 ingredients.
To get eggs to room temperature more quickly. Place in a warm bowl of water for about 5 minutes.
I used one Rolo, cut in half for each cookie.
Recipe adapted slightly from: Cuisinart
You may also like:
Triple Chocolate Chewy Cookies
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.