Delicious Tex Mex Soup with southwestern flair chock full of chicken, beans, tomatoes and more. Hearty soup is perfect for lunch or dinner and comes together quickly.
Another soup favorite. I knew this would be winner with the kids since tacos are pretty much their favorite meal. I’m convinced they would eat them every week if I let them. But here’s a nice little twist.
I can make this in large batches and have it ready to go for the week.
Also feel free to leave out the cream cheese to save calories and fat. I enjoyed it just as much. But the choice is yours. I know personally sometimes I’m in the mood for some extra fat. You know just bring on the bacon and butter. No substitutes. I just want the real deal.
This soup is perfect for this weather as we head back into fall.
School – Heat it up and pour it in a thermos.
Work – Easy to heat in the microwave.
Freeze – This soup is easy to freeze and will last up to 2 months.
Things you’ll love about this recipe.
- Heart healthy – beans
- Vegetable based – salsa
- Easy to make (feel free to buy an already cooked chicken to make it super quick)
- Perfect for lunch or dinner
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- ½ cup diced onions
- ½ cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for sauteing
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces salsa
- 1 14 ounce can kernel corn
- 1 16 oz can cannelli beans
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 4 ounce package cream cheese
- tortilla chips
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Saute onions, green bell peppers, and garlic in a small amount of vegetable oil. Add chicken, taco seasoning mix, salsa, corn, beans, tomato paste and chicken broth. Adjust liquid to your liking.
- Bring to simmer on low heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Place cream cheese in a separate bowl. Using a measuring cup, take some of the hot liquid from the soup and pour over cream cheese to melt and then add back to the soup. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and grated Monterey jack cheese.
Recipe adapted from : Food Network
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.