Triple chip chocolate cookies combine the best of all the chocolate. White, semisweet and dark make these chewy delicious cookies a favorite for many.
There has to be a rule book around somewhere about chocolate chip cookies, right? You can go almost anywhere in America and spot a cookie. From sugar to oatmeal to peanut butter everyone boasts about their favorite cookie or cookie recipe.
Well, to date this is my favorite cookie recipe. It’s a mixture of all the recipes I’ve used over the last few years. I’ve tried a lot chocolate chip cookie recipes.
And in the future I may try a lot more when I’m up for another round of trial and error. But for now I’m sticking with this one.
Things I love about them:
- They’re perfectly chewy.
- The chocolate chips stay melty and fresh.
- I love how easy they are to prepare.
- I love mixing my morsels. Contrast is a beautiful thing.
I do need to warn you though. This recipe needs a little planning in advance. The dough needs to be chilled for at least 2 hours or you will ruin the recipe.
Like I mentioned I’ve tried a lot of recipes and the ones that are refrigerated are my favorite. It keeps the dough compacted a little longer after being put into the oven instead of instantly spreading.
P.S. Aren’t my little model’s 6 year old hands adorable for this recipe? 🙂
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup butter (1½ sticks)
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- (or any combination of chips that equals 1¼ cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cornstarch and baking soda. Whisk gently. Set aside.
- Melt butter slightly in microwave. It should be runny but not completely liquefied. In a mixing bowl fitted with flat paddle cream butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed for until well mixed. Stir in egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and beat for 1-2 minutes until thoroughly combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Use your fingers to scoop dough into a rough 1½ inch rounds . Don't smash it into a ball. Place on non-stick baking sheet or parchment lined cookie sheet pan.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges have just begun to brown. Centers will be glossy and look slightly under cooked. Let them cool on pan for about 5 minutes. Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Will keep fresh for up to 1 week in covered container.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.