Bacon Egg Hash Brown Biscuit Bake – Delicious egg casserole with a bottom biscuit layer. This cheesy egg bake has all the breakfast favorites like hash browns and bacon.
Family favorite now!
Hey friends, Mel here with a recipe that has already our hearts. I’m sharing with you because I think you’ll love it for special occasions or any day that you have a few extra minutes to whip up breakfast.
This bake includes eggs, hash browns, cheese and bacon on a biscuit crust. Our family chowed down on this one!
It will be perfect for:
- Easter Brunch
- Mother’s Day
- Church Potluck
- Christmas Morning Brunch
- Any time you want to impress your guests. 🙂
It takes a few extra minutes to prepare the biscuit bottom but feel free to omit it. Just remember to spray the pan.
Or you can ‘cheat’ and used a refrigerated pastry of some kind.
I’ve always loved hash browns. And this Bacon Egg Hash Brown Biscuit Bake makes the best of them by combining with eggs and cheese. Feel free to make it to your liking by adding a different veggie or a different variety of cheese. I’m sure this bake would taste great with Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese too. I can’t wait to try that combo!
Typically I’m a french toast or banana pancake girl. But eggs are so easy and I am in love with scrambled egg whites. I can eat them over and over again. Well, enough about my breakfast loves. Let’s get on and hear about yours! So what’s your favorite breakfast? Does it involve carbs, eggs, meat or all three?
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
Bacon, Egg and Hashbrown Biscuit Bake
- 9 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups frozen country-style shredded hash brown potatoes thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Beat eggs, milk, sour cream, garlic salt, mustard and pepper in large bowl with whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk. Stir just until dough leaves sides of bowl. Press into bottom of prepared dish with floured hands.
- In a large bowl stir together potatoes, onions and cheeses into egg mixture until blended. Pour over dough. Spread out evenly. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cooked bacon. Cool 10 minutes and serve
Recipe adapted slightly from: White Lily
You’ll also love:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.