Easy Baked French Toast Casserole – Quick breakfast bake recipe made with crusty french bread. Homemade casserole ready 20 minutes. Make ahead or bake now. Perfect use of stale bread.
Easy Baked French Toast Casserole is a reader and family favorite for most of the holidays. Fans are making these for Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving morning, Mother’s Day and even 4th of July. Definitely, a must try no matter the season!
Easy baked french toast casserole has always been my favorite breakfast and it only needs a little prep work. Smoothies are great. Cereal is super kid-friendly. Eggs are simple. But when I’m ready to spend just a few extra minutes in the kitchen I go for the french toast. Or waffles. I adore homemade waffles!
I love the flavor of the cinnamon. And it involves bread, why wouldn’t I be in love? I love the way the top bakes all crispy with golden flakes of sugar. Mmm…. it’s just a marvelous way to start the day. Not to mention that the smell is super amazing!
I may or may not have been able to eat this whole pan by myself. Just sayin’!
I would throw on some pecans like a lot of varieties do by my hubby has a hard time eating different types of nuts. He’s not completely allergic but they really make his throat all itchy and then he’s miserable. I don’t like to start off our day on the wrong foot so I try to make him happy. I’ve found others ways to do that besides food too. Wouldn’t you know!
I’ve also recently created another variation, in muffin cup form. You can check them out here.
I know there are thousands of easy baked french toast recipes out there but my blog here on the internet won’t be complete until I share my Easy Baked French Toast Casserole Recipe. So here it is friends.
- The simplicity
- The flavor, made with crusty french bread, real milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Works for all occasions. This is a holiday favorite or a traditional weekend breakfast.
Please do me a favor and eat this with Pure Maple Syrup. I know it’s crazy expensive but it’s worth it! Rant over. Buy whatever you want and just make this soon. *wink*
We hope your family enjoys Easy Baked French Toast Casserole as much as ours! Don’t forget to leave your feedback. Let me know what you think!
ATTENTION: For the BEST results with this recipe, you’ll want to use a crusty bread. If not, your casserole will be soft and mushy. If you don’t have any stale or crusty bread, around you can toast up any bread in the oven for a few minutes to give it some crisp.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
TO MAKE THIS RECIPE WELL:
9×13 Baking Pan: The perfect baking pan, it has high sides and bakes evenly. Plus when you cut into it you get picture perfect squares.
Maple Syrup: I like to serve my French Toast Casserole with Real Maple Syrup. Serve up the good stuff, please!
Vanilla Extract: Here again, use the good stuff. Don’t ever go for the imitation. The real vanilla extract is so amazing.
LOVE IT? Please leave your star rating it helps us others to find this recipe. Thanks so much!
Easy Baked French Toast Casserole
- 1 loaf DAY OLD French or other crusty bread 14-16 ounces
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sugar See Notes
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter
- Cut bread into cubes or tear into small pieces. Place in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over bread in the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut butter into small pieces and add to flour mixture. With a fork blend butter into mixture until it resembles small crumbs; sprinkle over bread in the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. To check, shake the casserole. If it wiggles a lot it's not done. Continue to bake until it cooked through completely.
To crust up a fresh bread loaf: Let bread sit out for several hours or toast cubed bread in the oven at a low temperature around 200 for approximately 10-15 minutes.
This has turned out well with refrigerating for several hours,overnight or baking immediately.
Feel free to cut back on the sugar. I have made it successfully by cutting the sugar in half and no one seems to notice. Make to your preference.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and/or recommend.
You may also like:
This post contains affiliate links. I get a small portion back to keep this blog running. Thanks friends for your support!