French Toast Muffin Cups – Popular recipe for Easy French Toast Casserole now in muffin cup form. Bake and grab, perfect for kids, breakfast or brunch favorite.
Today I’m sharing my Easy Baked French Toast Casserole in a new way. We’re taking on a different road. Still the same delicious, almost exactly. I did cut down the liquid a bit to keep it from overflowing but otherwise the same. But today we’re sharing it in a muffin style cup.
Why is this amazing? I had several reasons that I came up with.
- Perfect for small or larger families because eat what you want now and freeze the rest for later.
- Easy to grab one out of the freezer and heat up for school or work when you’re short on time.
- Take less time to bake.
- Your turn. _______ What other reasons might these be greater than the original?
I had these warm on the table when the kids came home from school last week and they couldn’t wait to try them. Now I’m now stating that they should be an afterschool snack. But on occasion? What the heck. Why not? Spoil ’em rotten. But only on occasion. Otherwise, it produces spoiled brats and we don’t want any more of them in our society.
If you love French Toast casserole I’m confident you’ll enjoy these too. Don’t forget to make them your own. Feel free to add raisins or blueberries or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
These would also be perfect for Easter brunch or Christmas brunch. Enjoy!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
TO MAKE THIS RECIPE WELL:
French Toast Muffin Cups
- 1 loaf DAY OLD French or other crusty bread 14-16 ounces
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half and half creamer or additional 1/2 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar See Notes
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
Cut bread into cubes or tear into small pieces and set aside. Grease a muffin pan. Grease it really well. (Makes about 15 so if you have another muffin pan grease a few muffin cup holes.) In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Place a full handful of bread cubes in each muffin cup hole. Press down slightly with the spoon.
- Pour liquid mixture over bread cubes in pan. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Cut butter into small pieces and place over flour mixture. With a fork blend butter into mixture until it resembles small crumbs; sprinkle over bread cubes in pan. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. To check, shake the cups. If it wiggles a lot it's not done. Continue to bake until it cooked through completely. Or test with a cake tester or toothpick to see if it comes out clean.
- Serve immediately or cool completely before freezing.
OTHER FRENCH TOAST RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
Perfect French Toast – Add a Pinch
Crunchy French Toast – Tastes Better From Scratch
Coconut Crusted French Toast – Will Cook for Smiles
Pecan Crusted French Toast – Love Grows Wild
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.