Homemade Apple Cinnamon Quick Bread – Recipe for fresh apple bread using real tart apple chunks, Greek yogurt and topped with a simple cinnamon sugar topping.
Today we’re in the kitchen making a homemade cinnamon apple quick bread. This bread baking sends the most amazing smells waffling through your home. By the time it’s done baking you’ll probably be leaf hunting, decorating with pumpkins, burning candles and throwing on your boots and scarf. It’s everything you picture fall to be.
This bread is perfect for all sorts of meals and occasions. Therefore it’s perfect for breakfast with that fabulous coffee or chai. And amazing for a brunch or any fall potluck dinner. Sliced down and slathered with a pinch of butter you’ll be sure to get rave reviews.
Most noteworthy things about this Homemade Apple Cinnamon Quick Bread:
- Made with Greek yogurt for a little less fat and calories.
- Sums up fall in one simple loaf.
- Because I can get away with eating this breakfast, lunch or dessert. That’s my kind of food right there!
P.S. And feel free to slap it with a smidge of apple butter. OH > MY > GOODNESS!
Finally, if you make this bread don’t forget to TAG @gatherforbread in your photos and posts so I can see too. Thanks for being here and supporting me in my baking journey.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
You may also love these Apple Cinnamon Recipes from Friends:
Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Cinnamon Sauce – Baking a Moment
Caramel Apple Puff Pastries – Chocolate with Grace
Cinnamon Apple Steel Cut Oatmeal – Tastes Lovely
Homemade Apple Cinnamon Quick Bread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt I used non-fat
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl beat together granulated sugar, Greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla on low speed using an electric mixer. Mix until combined turn up to medium speed for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; add to yogurt mixture. Beat on low speed until combined. Stir in apples. Turn into prepared loaf pan.
- For topping; mix together butter, sugar and cinnamon. Spoon over batter.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (If necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning.) Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.