Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins – Moist cream cheese muffins bursting with fresh raspberries. Buttermilk makes these tender and delicious. Perfect for breakfast or dessert. Easy to freeze.
I’ve got quite a few raspberry recipes now. Do you think there’s a reason for that? I know there is. I’m obsessed!
I’ve been longing for raspberries for so long and now that they’re here in season I think about them A LOT. Hey, that’s not a bad thing!
It’s better than me thinking about clothes or gadgets or that trip to the beach that isn’t coming fast enough. At least I can do something about my raspberry obsession. It’s called dream and plan anything and everything to do with raspberries.
I’m just waiting now for the u-pick. Which is only a few days away. I’ll be up to my eyeballs in raspberries and happy as a girl with a handful of chocolate.
These muffins will not leave you disappointed. They’re tender, rich and satisfying.
The richness of the cream cheese combined with the red raspberries leaves you wanting another bite.
I know this post kind of goes on and on. But I simply had to show you all these delicious photos. I mean they’re so good they’re even photogenic. They cooperated so well. The stark contrast of red against white has them begging me for more pictures. It’s almost as if they’re sitting there cheesin’ a smile for one more.
See? I couldn’t help myself I just kept snapping. Oh, I have another obsession. Pictures. They’re so fun!
As soon I was done shooting I happily shoveled one of these into my mouth. I can’t remember which one but it was definitely more of a shove than a bite. I’m so ladylike sometimes. If I have to survive taking pictures of these for 30 minutes without a bite then I certainly deserve some shoveling.
This is a no judgment zone. You’re welcome to come and join me for some face shoveling too. (smile)
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups raspberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray 15 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or use paper or foil liners (I spray these too.)
- In a large bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter,and cream cheese until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the sugar and beat well. Add eggs and beat until creamy.
- Beat in vanilla and buttermilk.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to batter and stir well. Carefully stir in raspberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tins, filling to the top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes. Lower heat to 375 degrees and bake for another 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
I used Sally’s method for creating a higher rise.
Adapted from several various recipes to make my own creation.
You may also like: