Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Snack Bars
Wholesome simple snack bars that make use of ripened bananas. Made lighter with Greek yogurt and less sugar and whole wheat flour.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 24 bars
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana about 2-3 medium
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square pan. In a mixing bowl beat butter until creamy about 1 minute. Stir in Greek yogurt sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until combined. Add eggs, bananas and vanilla. Stir well. Mix in flour. Mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spread in greased pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into about 24 bars.