Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Coconut Glaze
Summer's Delicious moist chocolate homemade quick zucchini bread topped with a sweet coconut glaze.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 1 loaf
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup Hershey's special dark cocoa
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded zucchini gently squeezed
- 1 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut
Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8" loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined.
Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake the bread for 55 to 75 minutes, until the loaf tests done (until a toothpick comes out clean).
Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a cooling rack.