Chicken Corn Chowder – Creamy corn chowder loaded with bacon, sweet fresh corn, rotisserie chicken, loaded with flavor, this is sure to be a hit with your crowd especially in the summer.
Chicken Corn Chowder
I just want to say a big ‘THANK YOU’ to all my readers for your support and love for my chicken corn soup. This is the second time it went viral on Facebook. You can see that post chicken corn soup FB post here.
I’m so thankful for all the sweet compliments and words of appreciation. If you’re interested, you can find the soup recipe here. It seems fairly certain that here in Pennsylvania we adore chicken corn soup. We definitely have plenty of corn fields to prove it. It appears that it’s a Pennsylvania Dutch favorite here in Central PA.
This is surely one thing I love most about our area. There’s just something so mesmerizing about the beautiful fields, stunning farms and big blue skies. No matter where my life takes me here on earth I’ll always have a special place in my heart for this beautiful area.
The gorgeous red barns, creeks and landscape sometimes leave me speechless. Thankful to be a part of this beautiful area.
Also, speaking of fields and Central PA. I was at the local farmers market this past Saturday. If you’d like to get a glimpse and tour of the market come along for the ride. I went live in the market to show you around. Head over to the video and take a peek!
One last thing, thanks for supporting this adoring soup fan. We have lots of soup recipes here on the blog. Be sure to check them out to find something new to try tonight!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
- ½ lb ( about 8 slices bacon) chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 pound shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels
- 1½ cups half and half cream
- In a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven or stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a spoon. Set bacon aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in pan.
- Add sweet onion to pan. Cook and stir until tender. Add minced garlic, cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Stir in flour. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add chicken broth and cubed potatoes. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir occasionally and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in chicken, corn, half and half. Continue to stir and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Corn Chowder
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.