A rich chocolate truffle cookie studded with dark chocolate and topped with pinch of salt. Easy and delicious.
These cookies are decadent. Just a fore warning. Most likely you won’t be able to down 10 of them or you may just make yourself a bit queasy. Or you just may have beat me out as being the World’s Most Gifted Chocolate Lover. If so I’ll grudgingly hand you over the invisible trophy.
When I made these my kids said things like “These are the most amazing cookies ever.”(I kid you not! One of the really said that. What, you think I’m joking? 😉 )
But of course these are kids we’re talking about. Probably 9.738898963 out of 10 cookies fall into that category. Right? Kids and cookies are like women and shoes. But I’m sure you already knew that.
So, if you want the adult’s opinion and that would be my own. Oh, you didn’t think I had my own personal panel of taste testers, did you? I’m sorry if you did. Although I’m sure my neighbors would be more than willing to eat my goods in return for an opinion. (I have done that on occasion.)
But back to my opinion. These cookies will not leave you disappointed. They’re richly gooey and awesome. And of course chocolate. What could be wrong with that?
Love you all!
Til we meet and eat again,
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chips, for melting into the cookie dough
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips, for mixing into the prepared cookie dough
- 2 to 3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- In a heatproof bowl over a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Turn off the stove and let chocolate sit over warm water. Combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine. In another bowl, mix together sugar and eggs, whisk thoroughly and slowly add the warm chocolate mixture. Stir to combine. Mix in vanilla extract. Stir in flour mixture. Allow to cool for a few minutes (if batter is warm, chocolate chips will melt). Stir in chocolate chips. Chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto baking tray lined with non stick baking mat or parchment. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 7-8 minutes until the outside looks slightly cracked. Do NOT over bake cookies because they will continue to bake as they cool once removed from the oven. Cookies should be soft and gooey in the center.
Recipe from: Ghiradelli.com
Shared with Whimsy Wednesday, Buns in My Oven, Time to Sparkle, Thrifty Thursdays, Saturday Night Fever, Show Stopper Saturday,Wake Up Wednesdays,Six Sisters Stuff, Link Party Palooza, Creative Ways, Tidy Mom
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.