Creamy Parmesan Baked Corn – Blend of sweet corn, fresh Parmesan and a cream sauce made with half and half. Perfect baked summer side dish and holiday favorite. My family loves this casserole.
*EDIT 11/2/2016 – Recipe has been edited slightly.
A dear friend passed this recipe on to me several years ago. It’s one of those tried and true ones that I love yet somehow seem to forget about. Then one day I’ll have this epiphany. Baked corn? Yes, please.
I dig out my tried and true binder. My oldest drew the cover for me many years ago. I truly wish I would have dated the back of it. I’ll treasure this picture always with the steaming blueberry pie. It’s just precious. OK. Who wants blueberry pie now? Get corn back on the brain. This post is about corn.
So this delicious little recipe just happens to be one of Mom’s (my) favorite recipes indeed. Last time I made I didn’t have to hunt hard. There it was front and center of the binder. Why oh why, do I forget about most delicious corn? I’m so sorry!
I would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving menu. I’m thinking of making it to take to my Mom’s. They will be so hooked they’ll never want regular corn again. I can already hear my dad raving over how good it is. He’s the type of man that if something is good you just may hear about it for the rest of the day. Doesn’t bother me though. Who doesn’t like to talk about food?
We’ll don’t forget to give this creamy baked corn with Parmesan a try. I know you won’t regret it. Well except for the calories…. *Burp* I need to get my workout clothes on. 😉
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter, divided
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 - 10 oz each bags of frozen corn (defrosted)
- 1 cup half and half
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Place in a2
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over melted butter.
- In a large saucepan, bring half and
halfto a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and add the corn. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and salt.
- In a small measuring cup, combine 2 tablespoons melted butter and flour. Stir to make a paste. Stir into corn mixture and cook until thickened, (just a few minutes).
- Pour corn into dish over butter mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Baked uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Recipe can be made and refrigerated the day before.
Preheat oven and let casserole sit on the counter while preheating. May take 10 extra minutes in the oven til baked through.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.