uttermilk biscuits with garden fresh zucchini and loaded with Parmesan cheese. Great recipe for soft biscuits with rosemary and basil are the perfect addition to any summer meal.
I’ll be honest. I wasn’t sure what to think when I first heard of zucchini in a biscuit. I wasn’t sure it would be good either. But hey, everything zucchini I’ve ever tried has been tasty. And when cheese is involved we know it’s going be slammin’.
And sure enough they pleased not only my tastebuds but the whole family’s. Now I have one more recipe to add to my collection of great ways to use up that crazy zucchini crop.
And have I ever told you about my buttermilk love. That stuff somehow magically makes things better. Like waffles? Oh my word. So much better. Pancakes? Over the top better.
Now, don’t just take my word for it. Try it. Certain things are just better with buttermilk. I can’t explain it nor do I understand the why or how. I just know the results and I love them!
Here’s hoping that you do too. Enjoy the zucchini harvest and these Zucchini Parmesan Buttermilk Biscuits.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
- ¾ cup shredded zucchini
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan (or cheddar) cheese
- Place shredded zucchini in a colander. Sprinkle with one teaspoon salt. Let drain for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut cold butter into flour mixture using a fork or pastry blender until crumbly.
- Pour buttermilk into
flourmixture and stir with rubber spatula until just incorporated. Stir in shredded zucchini, cheese, basiland rosemary.
- Use a greased ¼ cup dry measuring cup. Scoop out
levelamount and drop onto parchment. Leave 1 - ½ inches between biscuits.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until tops
aregolden brown and crisp.
- Brush with melted butter, if desired. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.