Blueberry Cinnamon Bread with Vanilla Glaze – Beautiful blueberry yeast bread with enhanced with cinnamon and topped with a delicious vanilla glaze. Breakfast, brunch or dessert, this is surely a summer favorite.
Recently I was cruising the aisles of a local orchard and farm market. The shelves were lined with baked goods. These cookies and whoopies pies and breads were just screaming my name. Screaming I tell you. I couldn’t get over the sights or smells.
Eventually, I made it out of there without spending a hundred bucks. But I did leave with some mini whoopie pies for the kids and a loaf of glazed blueberry bread. Total impulse purchase at it’s finest. But, I couldn’t stop thinking about the honest fact that I could easily make that bread at home.
So, my sole job for the rest of the week was to recreate a similar bread. How awesome is my job? Sigh. If only that’s all I had to do.
What about the dirty dishes, laundry, dropping kids off and grocery shopping?
I forgot to tell you I found a magical way. Just ignore it all. Eventually it will all vanish or get done on it’s own. Haha.
But in all seriousness. Even if I could wave a magic wand and have baked goods before my eyes I would still choose to bake on my own. It’s so fun. I do wonder if my husband thinks I have any others skills though besides baking.
Monday: “What did you do today, honey?” Me: “Baked bread.
Tuesday: “What did you do today, honey?” Me: “Baked brownies.
Wednesday: “What did you do today, honey?” Me: “Baked muffins.
Thursday: “What did you do today, honey?” Me: “Baked cookies.
It never gets old.
And some of you are nodding in total agreement.
And others are shaking their heads in disbelief. 🙂
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
Blueberry Cinnamon Bread
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Vanilla Drizzle Glaze:
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine 1 cup bread flour, salt, sugar and yeast using paddle attachment on stand mixer. Heat water and milk in a microwave-safe measuring cup for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until very warm (120-130°F). Add warm milk mixture and butter to flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Switch to dough hook and knead for 4 minutes on medium speed. Gradually add enough remaining flour and all of the cinnamon and knead with dough hook 5 to 7 minutes until smooth and sticky.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. If you press finger lightly in the dough and it leaves an indention it has fully risen.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Grease 2 - 9 inch loaf pans. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces.
- Form and shape into loaves. Flour work surface. Pat into a oval. Take top 1/3 and fold down.Seal seam with your palm. Take bottom 1/3 and fold up. Seal seam with heel of hand again pressing gently.Fold dough in half. Tuck and press to seal final seam. Place in prepared loaf pans. Cover with greased or sprayed plastic wrap.Let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown. Brush with remaining melted butter. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle on loaves. Delicious served warm.
Bread recipe adapted from Red Star Yeast
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.