Cheeseburger Soup – Soup made like a perfect burger in a cheesy broth. Chock full of veggies, potatoes and beef for a perfect easy soup the whole family will love!
A delicious creamy blend of hamburger, cheese and veggies. A soup that nobody can resist. Perfect for summer or winter. This soup is a hit with the whole family.
Who makes soup in August? This girl does. I make it all year round actually. It’s such an easy lunch for my hubby and it’s his favorite thing to pack on the go.
We don’t go more than 2 weeks without making soup in our home. I don’t mind. I’m turning into a soup lover. The weird thing is I used to really dislike it. Now, I’ll eat almost any soup you put in front of me. Funny, how our tastes change. Isn’t it?
For me, it’s probably more like my attitude towards soup has changed. Now it’s fun to try new things. So you’ll probably see plenty more soup recipes around here in the future.
This cheeseburger soup gets gets gobbled up quickly in my house. The kids love it and always want seconds. So in order to have anything to freeze, I have to triple the recipe. This one is easy to make. A little time is consumed by chopping veggies but it’s well worth it. You can make quick work of chopping the veggies by doing it in the food processor. This saves me quite a bit of time.
This flavor is fabulous. It combines meat with veggies in a velvety cheese sauce perfect for dinner or lunch, family or friends, summer or winter. You just can’t go wrong.
Hot or cold? It doesn’t matter give this soup and try and I know you’ll be glad you did!
Love and blessings,
- ½ pound ground beef
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-3/4 pounds)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a medium pot, brown ground beef; drain and set aside. In the same pot, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes, and ground beef; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until it bubbles. Add this mixture to the soup. Let it come to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts and is heated through.
Recipe source: Adapted from Taste of Home
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.