I suddenly got in the mood for granola. I then immediately was in the mood for chocolate. I know what a shocker, right? Melanie, in the mood for chocolate? It must be a full moon or you got the wrong Melanie.
I know. I can’t fool you. I’m a chocolate lover if there ever was one. Always was, always will be.
So why not pair chocolate with cherries and granola. Mmm. My mouth started watering just thinking about it.
I couldn’t believe when all three of my children exclaimed that they really like it. Last time I made a big batch of granola I had to eat it all myself because they decided they didn’t like it.
So I was a bit surprised that they liked. Maybe in some teensy way I was hoping they wouldn’t so I could eat it all myself.
Anyway, enough blabbering. On with the deliciousness.
Love and blessings,
Cherry Chocolate Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup oil coconut, canola or vegetable
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, rice cereal, coconut, almonds and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix honey, oil and vanilla.
- Stir into oats mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 25-30 minutes stirring frequently. Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. Mix in chocolate chips or chunks and cherries.
- Store in a tightly sealed container.
I am totally the same as you. I LOVE chocolate, and can eat it all the time. I have never made granola before, but granola with CHOCOLATE?? I am sold! This looks great!
Yeah, chocolate and I are best friends! This stuff rocks.