My husband loves cheesecake. I, on the other hand could live without it. I thought it would be awesome if I could take my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and combine it with cheesecake filling from here.
Turns out you can do it. And it satisfies both of our sweet cravings. My kids on the other will eat pretty much anything imaginable. You could give them cake icing with ketchup and they would eat it.
They’re always my first taste tasters but #1 They are completely biased towards me. Everything I bake is wonderful and the best ever!. #2 I don’t think they would even notice if there was too much salt, not enough sugar etc. If it’s dessert they like.
So maybe you won’t like these. I had my kids taste test them.
Oh don’t worry my hubby and I tried that too and they totally pass the test!
Love and blessings sent your way!
P.S. I’m so sorry if today was the start of a new diet for you. Because I totally just put temptation right before your eyes. Please forgive me! 🙂
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
For Cheesecake Filling
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
For Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons 10 5/8 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup packed 7 ounces light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 3 1/2 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
For chocolate chip cookie dough
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Either by hand or with an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in the chips to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Press half of the dough onto the bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Spread over crust. Crumble remaining dough over top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and looks set.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.