Cookie Dough Brownies. Life doesn’t get any better than the two best desserts combined into one, right? Oh, my goodness. You are delicious!
This recipe includes a delightful egg free cookie dough and a decadent brownie layer. It’s so good that you’d beg for them. OK. Maybe you wouldn’t but I probably would.
Seriously good and seriously rich. You’ll want to cut these in smaller pieces. But when they are in smaller pieces you may want to eat 10. Can’t say I didn’t warn you though.
I really need to get my brain out of the sweets and desserts category. I need to post recipes about veggies and salmon and quinoa. Okay. I’m gonna get right on that!
School is back in session here. It’s time for routine. It’s time for menu planning and blog planning. Oh help me! I am a terrible planner. I am a fly by my seat kind of girl most days. Planning is helpful but sometimes I’m not in the mood for what I planned for dinner and then I scratch it anyway.
My prayer is that I get more organized this school year. It would be very beneficial.
Can you imagine if I could tell you every recipe I would blog for the next month or even week. Currently that doesn’t happen. See why I need a plan?
I’ll stop ranting so you can go make these wonderful brownies.
Cookie Dough Brownies
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 10 tablespoons 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
For Cookie Dough
- With your mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Beat in vanilla and salt, mix.
- Gradually add flour. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of milk and mix.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside. Spray an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Fit a sheet of foil in pan and up two sides, so you can use it as a handle to pull cooked brownies from pan. Spray sheet with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolates and butter in a medium bowl over a pan of simmering water or use a double broiler. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Continue to whisk until mixture is completely smooth and glossy. Add dry ingredients, whisk until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in center comes out with wet crumbs, 35-45 minutes.
- Cool brownies in pan on a wire rack for five minutes. Use handles to pull brownies from pan. Completely cool brownies on rack.
- Once brownies are cool evenly spread cookie dough over top. I used a spatula for this. Wet fingers might also work well. Chill for 30 minutes to harden slightly. This makes it easier to cut. Serve.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.